Thursday, April 5, 2012

What's happening?

It's been a few weeks since my last craft fair.  When I get home from such events I tend to unpack the truck, dump everything in the sewing room and close the door.  Inevitably the days leading up to a fair or show are insanely busy and fueled by Monster, and once it's all over and I'm back home, I take a couple weeks off completely.  But now, it's time.  This week I cleaned out and reorganized the sewing room and started posting new items to my online store.  Slowly but surely, a few things a night.

Leading up to this particular craft fair, Mom helped for two weekends in a row.  It's been the most successful event by far and while it is a ridiculous haul to sell my things (Chippewa Falls!) the attendance numbers and amount of things I sold make me consider selling at their autumn event.

Sewing Madness with Mom.  Here I'm working on the Bold Blue Paisley cross-body purse, which came back home with me after the craft fair.


So, it's now available in my Etsy store!  Click here to check it out.


Mom and I have found ourselves with an abundance of scrap fabric.  Scraps too small for a substantial project, but too big to throw away.  On a whim, Mom made a small patchwork quilt. Here it is with all the blocks sewn together, but before the back is put on.  I think it's absolutely darling.  Since the Hearts quilt, she's made a black and white quilt, a green and blue one, a couple baby ones and is now working on a totally random quilt.  We'll put them in the Etsy store to see how they do, but Mom's made up her mind that she wants to sell at craft fairs now with me.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment